It is currently Sun September 24th, 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The High Empress
PostPosted: Wed April 21st, 11:51 pm 
New Girl
New Girl

Nationality: Novaryan
Rayati, Gentle Maids:
I have been reading the Encyclopaedia Aristasiana on electraspace and found very little in the way information regarding our most High Empress Celestia. Is she chelan or melin? How old is she? Is her solar ancestry literal or metaphorical? I like the idea that Rayanna was literally the daughter of the sun. Does Her Imperial Majesty have a wife and little princesses, or is she married to the Empire and has an alternative method of finding an heiress to the throne? I probably should have learned all of these basic things in school, but here I am revealing my ignorance.
Yours sincerely,
Esmerelda

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The High Empress
PostPosted: Thu April 22nd, 4:22 am 
Settling in
Settling in

Lhi Raihiranya Celestya dhrenya (the Empress Celestia the third) is a chelana in her forties (which is still very young in Aristasian terms). She is not yet married and may or may not marry. The Empress can and often does marry - she is not "married to the Empire" - but marriage is much less the "thing everyone does" in the Motherland than in Telluria. It is a vocation some take up and some do not. There are, as we have discussed elsewhere, other forms of Mayamity than marriage that are equally important.

It is not necessary for the High Empress to have an heiress because the way the succession works is that there is a relatively large number of Imperial Princesses - that is, descendants of Sai Rayanna eligible for the Nevcairen Imperial Throne. The new Empress will be chosen by the highest Haiela and Raihira from among the Children of the Sun, whether or not the Raihiranya has issue.

Her solar ancestry is literal. All Empresses are descendants of one of the daughters of the Solar Avatara, Sai Rayanna. This is true not only of the current Westrenne Empire but of all empires of the Rayannic era (consider the way most European royal families were related - but this is projected over a much larger area and length of time). So Celestia III is related to the Rayapurhi Empress (the "Little-Empress of the South") and to many of the Estrenne and Westrenne royal families.

PostPosted: Thu June 24th, 7:19 am 
New Girl
New Girl

Nationality: Unsure as yet
Can you please share more on the Empreseses? I am new to the community. I have been going through spiritual experiences in last few months. I have been drawn to the sun. I can't stop looking at it. I am in love with the sun. I speak to the sun. Someone help me me make sense of what I'm going through. I am here to serve humanity..lift one billion people out of poverty. Sometimes I think ...am I crazy but i can't be. I am being called on to serve my highest good. i am constantly finding myself asking my love to come to form.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Last edited by Suryadevi on Fri June 25th, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu June 24th, 8:08 am 
Twice-crowned contributor
Twice-crowned contributor

Location: In the sunny south building the blessed Sanctuary, praise be to Dea!
...but do not look directly at the sun!

This period of Fire and the Rose is the Time of the Sun. Suryadevi is simply the Sanskrit way of saying Sai Raya.

You may want to hear the Imperial Anthem - the song of Raihiranya Sai Rayanna, who is the daughter of Sai Raya.

You will find it here along with more information on the history of Sai Rayanna.

Also today's Chapel Chronicle has a piece on

Sai Raya, Surya, Syria

Which should interest you.

Welcome to the Fora - it is lovely to have you here!

Read The Mushroom Patch - a fun-gal outbreak in Elektra.

The column that supports the spotty top.

PostPosted: Thu June 24th, 8:23 am 
New Girl
New Girl

Nationality: Unsure as yet
Thank you dear. I visited the website A Chapel of Our MOther God and then read the book, A Feminine Universe. I have been experiencing same as described in book last few months. I look at sun all day. It doesnt hurt my eyes. The sun makes me feel better.

I feel like I have finally found my home..amongst ppl that get me. Was feeling lost and confused yesterday but am happy to be here :)