It is currently Sun October 22nd, 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Late Wakings
PostPosted: Wed September 1st, 7:53 pm 
The Rosely Announcerettes
The Rosely Announcerettes

Moved from Miss Faintree's Heartbook Blog

August 30, 2010 in Diary | 6 comments
Nothing like cold cream to wake one up in the afternoon!
I seem to have overslept today, and I did have plans, but now that I’m awake I feel that I don’t want to do anything today, least not anything that involves leaving the house.
My sister and her family just came back very late last night at about one in the morning from a week long trip. I’m just not sure if running off today is such a good idea, and it’s too late to go shopping now.

I’ve been a bit depressed lately concerning issues with my gentleman, which are piling up.
I wanted him to understand why I had ‘changed’ so much, was dressing properly, didn’t want to do certain things, but he utterly refuses to listen – I don’t think he understands that our relationship depends on him working with me, not just by me doing whatever.
He’s supposed to be my best friend and he won’t even trouble himself to read a book, not to mention tell me that ‘God is just a crutch’ (implying imaginariness, apparently my faith is a joke to him) – and he’s offended by the very thought of Thame!
Every time I try to talk to him he insists that he knows me better than I know myself, but I’m finding that I don’t know him at all.

I’m probably going to do what I did yesterday and play World of Warcraft for a few hours.
Oh, I did not intend this post to sound so dreary! I just need someone to talk to, and no one around the house would be able to indulge me – I hope I can be forgiven.
It’s so bright and sunny out right now.

misselizabeth on August 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm
Oh Miss Faintree, I can understand. If you would like I am available for private messaging. I also have an account with AIM and Gtalk, if you are interested. Do pop me a message, I would be glad to help by way of listening.

Miss Eliza on August 30, 2010 at 5:44 pm
I am so sorry to hear of your romantic troubles. I wish your gentleman would be more supportive and understanding. I was in a relationship where I was treated similarly. It was very difficult. The only time I could be myself was when my partner was not around! Unfortunately, we separated, as the differences became too great and we stopped communicating with each other. I hope that does not happen to you. I wish you all the luck in your relationship and if you would like to contact me outside of Heartbook, please do.

And there is nothing to forgive, we all need someone to help support us when facing troubles and depressing situations. <3

Euthalene Faintree on August 30, 2010 at 7:05 pm
Thank you both very much, Miss Elizabeth and Miss Eliza.
I do appreciate the offer of personal messaging and I may take up that offer soon enough.

Delia Jane on August 31, 2010 at 12:21 am
A successful relationship between a lady and a gentleman above all depends on the adoption of a respect for the strengths of the other, plus an amused tolerance for their stranger behaviour. I think the same would apply to a relationship between a blonde and brunette. We tend to chose our partners partly because they have some similar interests, but also because they are different and are clever in things we are not good at. If one partner can no longer tolerate the others difference with good humour, then there is a difficulty which has to be solved one way or the other. The reaction to your belief is worrying. I can guess which books he has been reading. No doubt he will also tell you that all the evil in the world is caused by religion, and if only we would all become atheists all would be well. Well, who is in a dream world then?

Jane Morrow on August 31, 2010 at 12:27 pm
You say “our relationship depends on him working with me, not just by me doing whatever” – but with something as radically opposed to your view of the world as outright militant atheism, I wonder how far this is possible.

You say “I’m finding that I don’t know him at all.” I think you need to consider this carefully. Maybe you need to see who he actually is, and on what basis you can (or whether you can’t) be together.

I would be happy to talk privately when the private talk mechanism is mended.

Euthalene Faintree on September 1, 2010 at 7:16 pm
Thank you all very very much for your support and advice.
I am quite happy to say that the issues have been happily resolved – it seems part of it was miscommunication and a case of him being simply flustered, which he is quite prone to.
We’re both very happy with the outcome of our latest discussion, and I more than I thought I could be.
Though we are holding off my moving in until after Nativity, it is for financial reasons rather than any dwindling negativity.
I can’t tell everyone how comforted I felt by the responses.

Profile Send private message