Looking for a landing-ground

Looking for a landing-ground

Postby Goldenhead » Fri March 5th, 7:06 pm

They say you can't be in two places at once, but actually you can be in several.

I am in at least three places most of the time. We needn't worry about all of them, but in the aethyr I am currently in a relatively small vessel with four other maidens. I guess though that one's consciousness tends to be in one at any given moment, though that can change quite quickly.

There is my sister, Taka-chei, Lt. Sandri who "flies this crate" as she puts it - she is South Kadori and talks like that. There are two others as well. One is my Nurse from way back, the other is a doctor.

Lt Sandri is a RNAC pilot who has been assigned to this mission. Yes, it is a mission. Getting me landed on Telluria is a mission. I have work to do there. The Command wants me there. Now it is true to say that in a certain sense, I have an avvie there already, but it is somewhat neutralized, and I am only very partially able to manifest through it. Think of it as being in a high tower, unable to touch the ground.

Well it looks as if we may be able to get me landed in the nearish future. Nothing certain yet, but there is all sorts of activity going on around getting the self onto earth.

Goldenhead
New Girl
New Girl

Nationality: Novaryan

Re: Looking for a landing-ground

Postby Goldenhead » Sat March 6th, 9:54 pm

"So do you know what to do when we land you?" asked the Lieutenant.

"Well, yes, I have been given a general plan. How exactly to execute it I suppose I'll have to play by ear when I am on the ground."

"I don't want to offend or anything, but aren't you a bit little for this?"

What could I say? "Actually, yes. I am kind of hoping a grown-up will turn up."

"And if not?"

"I don't know. I think there may be some help on a temporary basis. I just have to shut my eyes and shout Geronimo, I guess and hope there is something down there."

"Shout what?"

"It is something they say there when they jump out of aeros. Something like 'Haya Vikhë'."

"Have you been down there before?"

"Yes, but I always had someone to look after me and 'ground' my manifestation. I am not sure what will happen this time."

Luckily one can be in two places at once, so I don't have to stop being with my friends here in the aethyr.

It is kind of nervous-making though.

Goldenhead
New Girl
New Girl

Re: Looking for a landing-ground

Postby Goldenhead » Tue March 9th, 11:23 am

In the tower above Telluria where my flavvie still is, I look at it in a looking-glass.

What an odd thing it is. It is so old-looking. How old? I don't know. All grown-ups look pretty old to me. Perhaps thankfully, it does not look old in an ordinary sort of way. I think it is "overwritten" somewhat by me. It does not look like a standard Tellurian body, I am thinking. And yet actually that is what it is, I suppose.

Will people look at that and think it is me? And what will it mean to them? What do people who have bodies like that think? What are their desires? What do they do? How do they work? Will I seem to be one of them to outsiders who see that flavvie with me in it? And won't I seem - well very out-of-place, as indeed I shall be?

I have read a lot about their world, of course. Most of it from times when they were still relatively civilized. Is it true that they are obsessed with their own reproductive mechanisms? In writings from the post-civilized period, certainly they seem never to go long without adverting to them in some form or other. Is it because they now believe themselves to be animals and believe that only the parts of them that conduce to animal survival are an essential part of them? Or were they always like that? In civilized times they at least tried to appear less freakish. But if that is how they actually are, why would it seem freakish to them? But by the same token I have heard it argued that mascûli would not really cut off their face-fur to look more human. It makes no sense. Surely to them it would seem to be human. But they do.

I am quite familiar with these discussions of course. But to discuss them in the comfort of a civilized drawing room is one thing, and to contemplate actually mixing with such beings is another thing entirely. I do hope their reproductive-mania is not too prominent. I have no interest at all in their mechanisms (although I suppose this flavvie has them. Eww! - what a thought!) But they do make me mildly disgusted. Well, not all that mildly really. Not with a "this has something to do with me" kind of disgust. More the disgust one feels for slobbery animals. As luck would have it, I happen to have a stomach less tolerant of slobbery animals than most people's stomachs appear to be.

Not, I imagine, that this yicky stuff is that big a thing even among them. What is utterly strange is having this flavvie taken for me. Of course I have had it for years. Who knows how many years? Time runs a bit differently when you are half out of the thing. But I have only ever been among people who know me. People who don't take much, if any, notice of the flav, and know it has little to do with the creature inside it. Being confused with it - that is scary.

Even watching their civilized-era kinnies, I find them a bit hard to understand. The people I mean. Especially grown-up kinnies. Children's ones on the whole make more sense. It isn't an intelligence thing. I am not dumb at all. But the motivations of grown-up Telluri make so little sense much of the time. Children's kinnies deal in understandable emotions. Grown-up ones seem unfathomable much of the time. You just have to accept that the characters did what they did without being able to imagine why they would have.

Is it an age thing? Or is it that grown-up Tellurians are less like us than younger ones? I really don't know.

Just my musings as we very slowly (this could take weeks) come in to land. And just for the record, this is not fiction and I really am as nonplussed as I sound. If anyone can help or advise me, I should be more than grateful.

Goldenhead
New Girl
New Girl

Return to The Goldenhead Diaries