ARISTASIA FORUM ARCHIVE

These forums are archived. For current activity please go to Heartbook
It is currently Sun September 24th, 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [risque, I think] Archetype of sexuality?
PostPosted: Wed January 26th, 4:55 pm 
Two Stars Already!
Two Stars Already!

Rayati, dear maids. I'm not sure if this topic will be viewed at all, snce the Fora has been so quiet, but I found no better place to post this little doubt of mine than here.

You see, I have been having this recurring question in my mind, but it was often eclipsed due to my existential fears and coping up with my religious doubts. But, thank Dea, I have been managing to ignore them now, so I found the time - and the courage - to ask about it.

Well, I know and everypette here knows that in modern Telluria, there is a movement of extreme sexualization of everything and "objectification" of the body. But we also know that, no matter how deformed or sickly parodied these things may be, they all come from a higher form and, like it or not, they reflect Archetypes.

So, Aristasia also must know something about it. We are completely draw in by the delicate beauty of blondes and the dashing figures of brunettes, we even know how to acknowledge the nice and curvy features of both in physical terms. In my mind, I can recall an elektra club run by Aristasians that posted upskirt pictures, also a text somewhere saying something like "the life of a couple is private to them and none of a community's affair" - which implies such intimate behavior - and I also recall honored Fraulein Landgrebe posting somewhere that "Aristasians are not nuns". All of this got stuck like a nail in my brain and now I wish for some elucidation regarding it. How can sexuality be seen from the archetypes perspective and how does it reflect - or even be a practice of - good virtues in our lives?

Please, forgive me if I sound too hesitant or uncomfortable, but I honestly am a bit embarrassed to ask about these things. Still, I felt I needed to put it into words and I hope someone can answer to this (rather silly) curiosity of mine.

Rayati!

Last edited by Minami Kohime on Thu January 27th, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: [risque, I think] Archetype of sexuality?
PostPosted: Wed January 26th, 10:11 pm 
New Girl
New Girl

Nationality: Arkadyan
I would say that I honestly do not know. However the thought has crossed my mind Miss Kohime.

PostPosted: Thu January 27th, 2:43 am 
Settling in
Settling in

Rayati honoured Miss Kohime,

I understand you being uncomfortable about raising this question. I am a little uncomfortable about answering it. But I don't think you have posed your question in a way that you need to be uncomfortable about it, and since I can tell you that I have considered it, and Miss Elizabeth also has stated that the thought has crossed her mind, you can be sure that you are not alone.

Now, to answering your question:

First, I'd like to give this link, because there can be found some informations in regards to your question from an official source: http://aristasia-central.com/encyclopaedia/tiki-index.php?page=%22Sex%22%2C%20%22Relationships%22%2C%20Amity%20and%20Marriage

I do have thoughts on this myself also, but I have never asked an authority concerning them, so really, I can just offer them here for everypettes consideration and hope that a wise and learned maid will enlucidate us on the proper Truth. I really wish to emphasise this, because I would like to quote from scripture, but I will give my own interpretation of that scripture, and I am very young, both in years and in knowledge and I want to make sure that this quoting of scripture is not seen as me trying to prove an opinion of mine with the Holy Word. I am really only offering thought, hoping that it will help us all!

Here is the Scripture that comes to my mind:

" All the glories of earth are but shadows of Heavenly splendour; all earthly desires but reflections of Heavenly love."

I think the desire for consummation is an earthly reflection of the desire for communion with our True Self and ultimately Dea.
Wether we look at intemorphic or schizomorphic peoples, one sex alway tends to be more physical/practical - as the idiomatic phrase would have it "down to earth" and one more spiritual, more "otherworldly (that is, of the higher spheres of being)". It could be said, that in one way, the two sexes, though both, by being maids, are primarily "fallen creatures", mirror the Great Pair of Fallen and Unfallen Creation or Maid and the Daughter. I say the Great Pair because without the Fall, there is no total separation of any kind (That is also why Creature and Creatrix is I believe not parallel to the before mentioned), and the consummation is a becoming one of two totally seperate beings.
In Telluria, where an originally intemorphic, that is actually much more generally unified people became schizomorphic as it descended downward through the Ages, we could see the seperation into two sexes so much further appart than the two intemorphic sexes as the outward expression of the fact that as a people, the Tellurians had fallen much farther away from Dea than, for example the Herthelans, who remain intemorphic even in their Iron Age.

I realise this is only a short and probably very confusingly put exposition of a thought which could be very much elaborated, but I wish to leave it this short, and wait for the opinions of wiser maids, rather than take the risk that I would only be expounding falsehood further.

I am very happy to read you are feeling better, by the way!
In Amity,
Your Fräulein Bernstein

PostPosted: Thu January 27th, 6:55 am 
Settling in
Settling in

Oh I forgot to mention one small point, that should be mentioned, lest anypette be confused: the honoured Fräulein mentioned by Miss Kohime and myself are not the same person. The one she is refering to is Fräulein Landgrebe, and she is "The Fräulein", where as I am simply a Fräulein.

Rayati,
your Fräulein Bernstein

PostPosted: Thu January 27th, 8:27 am 
Two Stars Already!
Two Stars Already!

Funny how I woke up this morning, and the first thing that crossed my mind was: "... I can't recall writing the name 'Landgrebe' on the Fora yesterday...". Thank you for the correction, I made sure to state that clearly this time on my original post.

Thank you for expressing your thoughts. I very much agree with what you said, but still I feel there is something else there that is missing. I don't know how to explain this feeling, but, well, if I knew I wouldn't be asking the question. Heehee.

Let us continue our search :)

PostPosted: Thu January 27th, 9:00 am 
Settling in
Settling in

Yes, let's! Do try to concretize where/what you are missing if you can, I don't quite understand - maybe I would have something to say about it, if I did - but I understand it can be difficult to express questions sometimes... I'll think about it more too.

Kind greetings to you,
Fräulein Bernstein

Last edited by AnnaSophia Bernstein on Mon January 31st, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu January 27th, 1:15 pm 
New Girl
New Girl

Rayati, ladies,

I respect that some are very shy about such an issue -- I for one am not, because I've been rather... well, jaded, to such issues due to over-exposure of them in my life in the Pit. But to preserve the modesty of others, I shall attempt to put my words delicately as possible.

I find it very interesting that this topic should come up now, as I had just read something the previous night, that follows the same general subject. It was regarding discipline and eroticism, and you may find the entire thread here if you are interested.

In this thread, our esteemed Lady Aquila mentioned:

Quote:
...if eroticism had not a spiritual actuality, it would not exist. Aristasian philosophy, like your Plato, holds that maiden-eroticism is essentially a reflection of the Haiel'Sucri - as Tellurians would (once have) put it, the Divine Eros or Sri Kama.

So it seems to me that eroticism has a place in a kind of Sushuric aspect. One that is kept behind closed doors, for certain, but a divine aspect nonetheless. So we can argue that eroticism and a type of "sexuality" does have a place in Aristasia -- in the private lives of established couples.

PostPosted: Thu January 27th, 5:03 pm 
Two Stars Already!
Two Stars Already!

[Ooh! Miss Hachi! Your avatar is so pretty, Mingxia-chei!]

Thank you so much, that was exactly the little bit that was missing from my memory. But that is also exactly what made me start this topic. I guess I wanted to know more profoundly the meaning of Lady Aquila's words. How does it relate to our everyday lives? Does this convey any other feelings or practices that can keep us in closer position with higher virtues? What more can be said about the Sushuric aspect of sexuality?

Oh dear, so many questions :shock:

... heehee, and I love these little smilies.

PostPosted: Thu January 27th, 8:06 pm 
New Girl
New Girl

Now that I do think on it a bit I am feeling a bit more on the subject.
I feel that based off the literature provided by previous pettes the real problem is the perversion Telluri 'over sexed' culture tends to create in normally beautiful emotions. For example when it was mentioned that modern Tellurian thought seems to imply sexual insinuation to relationships as pure and wonderful as true Amity.
At least for my part, romantic love and the emotions it invokes is a pure Susheric feeling and as such is a beautiful thing. So I would say that a sexual relationship between two loving spouses would not be something to look down upon. It seems to be simply not as prevalent in Aristasian culture. I believe that love is the key separator between honest emotion and simple lust.
Oh I would certainly like to add that I find it simply wonderful that true Amity can be considered on equal terms to a marriage. For consideration, I find the idea of finding such a true friend to become my partner in life such a heartening thing. I think one of the biggest corruptions in Tellurian society is the very gross misunderstanding of the feelings behind true love. There are so many different kinds of it!
:P

PostPosted: Sat January 29th, 3:01 pm 
New Girl
New Girl

[Hee! I was wondering if anyone else knew about dear Miss Hachi! Thank you, Kohime-chei! :) ]

Hmm... this is a very finicky subject, it seems, with many interesting points.

I agree with you, Miss Elizabeth: sexuality and love are all too often associated in the Pit. Being "in love" these days seems to mean not only having a sexual attraction to someone, but also a kind of possessive attachment. There is nothing noble about love anymore!

I think in Aristasia, eroticism probably falls very much on the same level as bodily function: in Telluria, people seem to find the latter rather grossly fascinating for some reason, or otherwise find it funny, not to mention all the "parts" that are associated with it. They are subject to much giggling and pointing and have actually been given a name: toilet humor. In Aristasia, no one has this fascination. Maids are mature about it. They are a private matter, and one that is in no way amusing or fascinating beyond the years of the babe. As someone once mentioned (I can not remember who, I'm afraid, and this is not word-for-word at all): in Aristasia, people finish giggling about it before they are five years old.

I think it is safe to say that Aristasians harbor partly the same attitude towards sexuality. There is a kind of fascination among those who are of age, I would think, but otherwise it is not spoken of or joked about simply because it just isn't fascinating on the same level that it is in Telluria. Some naughty young maids might tease each other in private, but sexuality might more properly take place among established couples, married ones in particular, and only under the most strict consensuality.

This brings me to another point. Most maids, I think, would shy away from the subject because it is overwhelming and, because it is a private matter, it is impolite to talk about in public. Maids have the kind of respect for one another in Aristasia that people in Telluria don't, and so the issue would not be pressed, I think, except as a very vague tease.

But behind those closed doors, where such eroticism does take place, I think there is a general air of bliss. S*x, in my eyes and under these conditions, would certainly be a divine affair. It is a union between two who are extremely close and comfortable enough to share it. It is a celebration of that very closeness -- closeness which knows no bounds. The kind of closeness one might have with Dea, the spiritual ecstasy of that Holy Union mirrored in physical pleasure. When thought of in such a way, between close maids, how can they think of it as something mundane and vulgar? It is something, I think, that not many except the couple (or group, as the case may be in Amity) would truly understand.

In Telluria, s*x is thought of as vulgar and is often used as a weapon, whether in words or in actual physical force, and so -- personally -- I tend to stray from the subject and remain uninterested. It has become far too taboo and the subject of far too much ridiculousness to hold any interest for me here. But I think the true guise of eroticism is that very physical celebration of a very highly spiritual subject. After all, all music is but the faint and distant echo of Heaven's Music. We do not condemn the pleasures of taste and smell or hearing because they are physical pleasures. They are all mirrors of something much Higher.

But I do go on! I apologize if my frankness has offended anyone, and if any editing needs to take place, I would be more than happy to do so.