More Holiday Ponderings

More Holiday Ponderings

Postby Jullianna Juliesse » Tue December 22nd, 6:13 am

The month leading up to the holidays seems like a kinnie shown in fast-forward, warp speed, and all one can do is go along for the ride. But I do think the stress brings some rather unpleasant emotions to the surface. Combine that with the utter lack of daylight and the cold weather, and one has a surefire recipe for melancholy.

I just feel, well, sad somehow, but I can't put my finger exactly on what is bothering me. All I know is that it takes a lot of willpower to perform the simplest tasks, like making the beds, or getting in the shower. All I want to do is nap, or fiddle around with my ordie.

Don't get me wrong: I really do enjoy the holidays. It will be nice to be home until after the New Year and regroup.

Rayati for now,
JJ
The bonds of sisterhood will endure.

Jullianna Juliesse
Starry-eyed
Starry-eyed

Nationality: Quirinelle

Re: More Holiday Ponderings

Postby Daffodil Finesmith » Tue December 22nd, 6:41 pm

Naps are wonderful! It seems that only when we are very young or very old do we feel entitled to them. The world would be a much nicer place if more people took naps. I'm sorry for your ennui, darling. I know exactly how it feels.

Rayati,
Miss Daffodil

Daffodil Finesmith
Doing well
Doing well

Nationality: Vintesque

Postby Sushuri Madonna » Tue December 22nd, 8:48 pm

In Novaria naps are called zitronels and most folks have them.

Many who had not left for their homelands were extending their zitronels – the afternoon sleep that is common especially over the border in Novaria. The extended zitronel at this time of year was often accompanied by a very late night. The College would spring into a very limited version of its usual life at dinner-time and the conversations, word-games, pool-bathing and other diversions would continue long into the night. It was a habit of which the somewhat strait-laced Westrenne College-Mistress had never fully come to approve, and yet she has to agree that it made the best use of the cooler (though still sultry) night-hours.

From The Adventure of the Crystal Staff

Colloquially any daytime rest is called a lemon - and several girls I know are not averse to lemoning when necessary!

Read The Mushroom Patch - a fun-gal outbreak in Elektra.

The column that supports the spotty top.

Sushuri Madonna
Twice-crowned contributor
Twice-crowned contributor

Location: In the sunny south building the blessed Sanctuary, praise be to Dea!
Nationality: Novaryan

Postby Jullianna Juliesse » Wed December 23rd, 5:47 am

Thank you for your encouragement, my dear pettes!
The bonds of sisterhood will endure.

Jullianna Juliesse
Starry-eyed
Starry-eyed

Nationality: Quirinelle

Return to Chez Juliesse