Thoughts at Nativity

Thoughts at Nativity

Postby Jullianna Juliesse » Wed December 16th, 7:25 am

It has been a busy month, too busy for my liking, and full of all the wrong sorts of business. I have been consumed with work, with the day-to-day things like cooking, cleaning, helping with homework, and just generally trying to keep my head above water.

December is one of those months where it feels like one is trying to cram a year's worth of activities into a 31-day span. There are so many "have to do's" that it would be so easy to simply shut down, crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head, and set the alarm to January 1.

Today, I have decided to pick and choose, or at least try, and focus on what is important. For me, it is my family: both my immediate family here in Telluria, as well as my extended family in Aristasia. I am going to focus on what Nativity is supposed to mean: the renewal of hope, the strengthening of bonds of amity, and reemergence of innocence in the world.

I am not:

1) Going to go to any more cocktail parties. Tempting as it is for this blonde to dress up and socialize, I am simply worn out.
2) Going to lose my temper at home. This one will be hard!
3) Going to beat myself up for the undones. The dust and the clutter, emotional or otherwise, can wait a little longer.

On a happier note, I am so happy to tell you all that my dear Yu-chei and I are to be sworn as sisters for Nativity. I know we have told some of you personally, but in case we have missed any of you, that's the news! Honored Raya will be announcing the date and time of the service, and we do hope that as many of you as possible will be able to join us for this exciting time in our community.

In amity,
JJ
The bonds of sisterhood will endure.

Jullianna Juliesse
Starry-eyed
Starry-eyed

Nationality: Quirinelle

Return to Chez Juliesse